Which cookies does the Port of Rotterdam Authority use?
The Port Authority uses functional and analytical cookies.
These cookies are necessary to establish settings or preferences during a visit to the website or for subsequent visits. By placing cookies, our website can ‘remember’ your preferences. Without cookies, you will be bothered with the same questions each time you visit the website.
These cookies record which pages you view when you visit the website, in which order and for how long. Analytical cookies are stored for web statistical purposes. These web statistics can help to better tailor the website to the visitor’s wishes and preferences. This allows us to improve our service to you as a (potential) guest.
- The Port Authority and Gasunie use Google Analytics as a measuring tool for analytical cookies. This measuring instrument uses IP addresses to measure information about, for instance, the number of unique visitors.
- When using Google Analytics cookies, we follow the recommendations of the Dutch Data Protection Authority:
- We have entered into a processing agreement with Google Inc. which states that Google must handle the cookie information with care.
- In the context of data minimisation, we have chosen to encode the last octet of IP addresses.
- We do not use other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.
- Personal information is not stored or used.
- We never share information from Google Analytics cookies with third parties.
- In the ‘Share data with Google’ feature, the following items have been disabled:
- Google products and services;
- technical support;
- account specialists;
- Google sellers/sales experts
The functional and analytical cookies are not privacy sensitive. The cookies do not contain personal data. Therefore, we cannot use these cookies to recognise you as a person. Neither can these cookies be used to recognise you on other websites. We only use the anonymous data to improve the website. We do not share the data with third parties.
Do you not want to have any cookies placed at all?
Do you not want the Port of Rotterdam Authority to place cookies on your computer? Then you can adjust your browser settings. If you do this, you will receive a warning before any cookies are placed on your computer. The browser settings can be used to completely block cookies, for instance, or only those from certain websites. Most browsers also offer the choice to only block third-party cookies. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed.
The procedure for removing or blocking cookies depends on the specific browser you use. For more information on these cookie settings, please refer to the Help screen in the settings of your browser.
You can find more information about the removal of cookies on the most used browsers by clicking on the link below:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835/nl
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-verwijderen-gegevens-wissen-websites-opgeslagen
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=nl
- Opera https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
- Safari for iPad and iPhone https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/HT201265